Business Administration and Management Diploma
This program has been approved by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of Ministry of advanced Education Skills & Training.
Business Administration and Management Diploma (BAMD) program is designed to provide students with business and business-related technical and professional training, which prepares students to perform successfully a rapid changing business environment. This program provides a solid training for knowledge in business administration and management, including accounting, finance, economics, communications, marketing,information systems, management, and quantitative analysis. Upon successful completion of this program, students will be awarded a Diploma in Business Administration and Management.
NOC 1211- Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers
NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
NOC 1221 –Administrative Officer
This information is found according to the following website: https://www.statcan.gc.ca/en/start
Upon completion of the program, students will:\
1. Gain skills in business management.
2. Demonstrate reasoning, creative thinking, problem solving, and analytical thinking skills.
3. Have abilities to acquire, organize, and present information through strong verbal and written communications skills.
4. Understand global aspects of business.
5. Obtain knowledge in different business functions, including accounting, finance, management, marketing, and operations.
Career Occupation:Supervisor; Financial manager; Human resources manager; Purchasing manager.
1. Completion of 60 or more post-secondary credit hour;
2. Meet one of the English proficiency requirements:
a) A minimum of 500 in formal TOEFL or in house TOEFL conducted by UPC, or TOEFL IBT 61, or IELTS 6, or;
b) Four years of full-time education in Canada or an English-speaking country.
Tuition and Fees
1. Application fee: $250.00 (domestic students); $1000.00 (International students);
2. Assessment fee:$250.00;
3. Official transcript: $20.00 per copy;
4. Textbook: Optional (students may purchase their own copies);
5. Tuition: A total of $15,000.00 per program
The duration of the program is 12 months.
Learning resources are mainly from textbooks, while some are from real-life case studies, internet information, as well as videos.
For details, please refer to each class syllabus.
In-class instruction, Distance/Online, or Combined
The following 11 courses will be covered in one year from this program.
Title of Course
Hours of Instruction
|1||ACCT 101*||Accounting I||40||3|
|2||ECON 101 *||Introduction to Microeconomics||40||3|
|3||ECON 201*||Introduction to Macroeconomics||40||3|
|4||MAGT 201*||Entrepreneurship and Management||40||3|
|5||QMSC 201*||Probability and Business Statistics||40||3|
|6||BUAD 211||Business Environment||40||3|
|7||ACCT 212||Cost Management||40||3|
|8||CMIS 212||Computers and Management Information Systems||40||3|
|9||FNCE 211||Financial Management||40||3|
|10||MAGT 213||Operations Management||40||3|
|11||MKTG 211||Strategic Marketing Management||40||3|
"*" are related introductory courses as pre-requisites of taking other courses for students who lack of knowledge
in basic accounting, economics, management, and statistics.
Most classes have two major exams; each weigh at least 30% towards the final grade. For some classes, there are case studies, term projects, presentations, and etc. Generally, class attendance weighs 5%, assignments weigh 10%, and exams weigh 60%, presentation, participation, and term project together weigh 25%.
nstructors have the discretion to make changes to the marking scheme deemed necessary. For details, please refer to individual class syllabus.
Grading scale for each class is as follows:
Requirements for Graduation
1. Courses with grades lower than "C" are not counted toward the completion of BAMD program at UPC.
2. Upon successful completion of 11 courses, Business Administration & Management Diploma will be granted by UPC.